Monday, March 30, 2015

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS CREAM CONTOUR KIT REVIEW

I recently ordered the Anastasia Cream Contour Kit in the shade light from their website, luckily didn't end up paying any custom charges the palette cost me £38 including shipping from America which I thought was reasonable.

When the palette first arrives I swatched all the shades and realised the contour shades were very warm toned, considering I'm a nc10-13 in mac foundations anything slightly orange can ruin my whole makeup.

So I first used the kit before going out for dinner. I started with the highlight shades then contour. I found the highlight shades sunk into my dry patches around my face and especially sunk into my pores although I'd used a primer. 
Then for the contour shades they seemed near enough impossible to blend! I tried a buffing brush, a blending brush and a beauty blending but it made no difference. 

I then tried the kit again the day after, this time I mixed the shades with some argon oil as I'd heard this would help blend the shades and give a smoother application. It did help but not enough, the contour shades are far too warm toned and come off very orange especially on my skin tone, the creams completely sunk into my pores and made my face looks terrible.

Unfortunately this product gets a 2/10 from me! 



What are your thoughts? Have you tried the kit? 

Thanks for reading! 

- Hana x

No comments:

Post a Comment