Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Kat Von D: Shade & Light Palette Review

Kat Von D - Shade & Light Contour Kit!

In March I was lucky enough to go on holiday for a week to Marbella, Spain with my boyfriend, Liam. During our stay we found a shopping centre with a Sephora inside! I couldnt believe my luck I've been dying to go to a Sephora for years. Although this Sephora was only a small one it did have a Kat Von D stand.

I had a few things on my list that I wanted but the two main things were the shade & light palette and Lolita liquid lipstick. So I just got them both although I regret not getting the tattoo liner now!
Anyway... The only other contour palette I had used in the past was the Anastasia Beverly Hills one which I love. The Kat Von D one comes with 6 shades, 3 to contour with and 3 to highlight with. I find the powders much more pigmented then the Anastasia Beverly Hills one. The powder also seems much more finer and doesn't cake up under my eyes which I love. I cant used the Anastasia highlight ones bevause they stuck to my dry patches. The Kat Von D one gives a flawless finish. The only bad thing about it is the powders are very cool toned so there isnt a bronzy warm shade - I like the warm bronze shade in the ABH one bevause its good to travel with or if I forget my bronzer. Although the Kat Von D contour shades are amazing because of the coolness they do give the emphasis of a shadow. I wouldn't leave it without using bronzer over as it does look slightly grey, not muddy but just not right without some kind of warmth / bronzer over the top. I'd say its a good versatile palette which would work well for all skin tones. I've found a website where us girls in the UK can get Kat Von D! www.rosesbeautystore.com they also sell many other brands like Tarte, ABH and house of lashes!


I hope you liked this review.

Thankyou for reading :)

instagram - @hanakatex
twitter - @hanakatex

No comments:

Post a Comment