Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Favourites




When I was picking my favourites I found it almost impossible not to include 75849 different products! I managed to cut it down to 8! 
First things first - skin care! 

Suffering with very dry skin I was on the hunt for a new moisturiser, I'd heard a lot about cliniques dramatically different moisturising lotion and thought I'd give it a try, I just got a 30ml bottle which will probably last me a month or two, you only need the tiniest bit and it'll go all over your face! My foundation applies 10x better since using this and it's made my dry patches disappear! Secondly it's my well loved Carmex, I've repurchased a new Carmex around 7 times now it's the only lip balm I use 24/7. It's cheap and keeps my lips completely moisturised all day, although it does have a slight tingle feeling to it I quite enjoy that. I also find my matte lipsticks apply much smoother when I've got Carmex on underneath!

Favourite palettes of the month 

This was a tough one but I settled for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit for the favourite face palette of the month and then the Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palette! So starting with the contour kit, I'm not going to go into too much detail as I've already done a review of this palette previously! All I'm going to say is every shade is creamy and blends perfectly if you don't have this kit you 100% need to invest! Then there's the bargain palette by Makeup Revolution at just £7.99 you get 16 shadows with a mix of mattes and shimmers. This palette is super pigmented and creamy I used it pretty much everyday you can create multiple different looks with it! Defiantly a bargain buy! 

Now my favourite lip products!

Starting with the liner, Rimmel London's spice liner has been a definite fave of the month, mixed with any nude it gives the perfect everyday lip colour and it's only £2.99! Then for my 2 most used MAC lipsticks of the months in the shades Captive (in the middle) and Kinda Sexy (on the right) I featured both of these shades on my 'top 5 Mac lipsticks' blog post if you want to see swatches! Kinda sexy is the perfect nude for me and captive is the perfect dark berry shade that doesn't look overally dark, unlike some dark shades which completely don't suit me! 

Favourite brush of the month!

This one defiantly had to be the Real Techniques Nics Pics Cheek Brush! I use this with my ABH contour kit for that perfectly blended contour. The bristles are super soft and it picks up the perfect amount of product.

Now there's my fave mascara & highlighter

So starting with mascara, I got this one for Christmas as my mum knows Loreal mascaras are my fave drugstore brand! This one in particular is the Volume Million Lashes So Couture in extra black! The wand is thin plastic with tiny bristles which get thicker along the wand. This mascara lengthens my lashes and creates the illusion of natural falsies I only need one coat and it looks amazing. It's also incredible on the bottom lashes due to the wand not being too big! Then my favourite highlighter is Benefits High Beam. I only have a travel size which I must say has lasted me since August! The tiniest amount goes such a long way. This highlighter creates a perfect shimmer on the cheeks and is my complete favourite highlighter of my whole collection. If you don't own this you need to 100% get it even try a sample size first to test it out! So creamy and easy to blend I can't fault it! 

Lastly favourite TV show! 

Pretty little liars! Part 2 of series 5 started this month and I've been completely loving it! If you don't watch it you 100% need to! The story line is a girl who's gone missing and they're trying to find out who's done it meanwhile the girls are all being harassed by a anonymous person who's always setting them up. Every series is now on Netflix and they add the new episode every Wednesday of this series! I'd 100% recommend it to anyone! 

That's it for my favourites of the month! What are yours? 

PRODUCTS MENTIONED
Pretty little liars can be found on Netflix

Hope you enjoyed this post! 

- Hana ️xxx

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin!






No comments:

Post a Comment