Friday, January 2, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review

So I was lucky enough to receive the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit for Christmas from my boyfriend. After reading multiple mixed reviews on this product I knew I needed to try it for myself, although I was nervous that contouring wouldn't work well on me due to having such fair skin this palette works wonders. This palette contains 6 shades. 3 highlighting powders and 3 contouring powders. All of which are matte except for one of the highlighting powders which has a slight shimmer in the shade sand. 


I started off doing my foundation followed by a brightening concealer, then I got my contour kit and chose the banana shade. I pressed the banana shade under my eyes and on my lower forehead using a beauty blender sponge. The highlight this powder gave me was amazing. Although it did get a little chalky once on the skin.

For contour I started off with my cheek bones using the real techniques contour brush I chose the shade Havana although this one has red undertones which can make my face look orange/red rather then a natural shadow. I found this shade actually worked well with my skin once blended out smoothly and I was very happy with the finish. I used the remaining powder from the brush on my jaw line and around my forehead to make sure it all fitted it together well. 

Overall I think the powders in this palette are well textured and perfect shades that can work with all skin tones. Although £40 for a palette of 6 shades may be pricey it will last you forever as once you've hit pan on one powder you can buy a refil powder from the Anastasia Beverly Hills website for just $14 which works out around £9. This palette will also be perfect for my freelance makeup kit so I would highly reccomend it to any makeup artists who are building up a kit as a good contour kit is essential. 

Thanks for reading! 

- Hana ️xxx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant review hun I can't wait to receive mine from beauty at.com. Your picture looks fab! Please follow me at www.aliceinherownland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautybay has some amazing stuff and gives great free gifts and super quick delivery! Thanks and sure I'll follow your blog now! Please follow mine too using bloglovin there's a link on the right of my blog to follow thanks babe x

      Delete